Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Desktop background and mood swings

Every week I change my desktop background, most of the pictures I set as background are animal's pictures like dogs, puppies, cats etc. I just changed my desktop background a minute back and started wondering what goes into the decision making of choosing the picture. For last two weeks it had been a little kitten , sitting in a room with not too much light, kinda grayish and looking at the floor, or rather looking at a little ant by her foot. She looked as if she was pondering, thinking attentively, focusing. When I look back at those 2 weeks with respect to work, that was exactly the state I was in. Focusing, pondering to find solutions and thinking. Before that it was another kitten (cute this one) lying on her back, eyes closed, paws by her face. It seemed as if she just wanted to keep her eyes shut and act ignorant. I wonder if that was the state of my mind then. Just keep my eyes shut tight and say this will pass too :). Ok I know I don't discuss work issues here but doesn't mean I can't. Everyone loves work place gossips, don't you all agree. So those of you, who don't agree, act real and listen. Back to the desktop background, before the 'act dead' cat it was a stupid faced dog. One which has hair all over its face, golden colored, so much hair that you can hardly see his eyes or nose or mouth. This one had like a small pony on its head so one could see his eyes. But this made the dog look extremely silly. Moreover it was a face close-up picture hehe. All in all, the dog looked grumpy and seemed to be starring at whoever looked at him. Was I in a grumpy mood then? And before the dog it was a lion, sitting across my screen and looking at my telephone. That was probably when I had just joined the job. I guess I was trying to be brave. Each time I looked at the lion I guess somewhere I felt brave. Soon the lion turned to a rabbit and guess that reflected me too. I was totally scared being in a new industry, a new country and a new career. Now when I look back at the order of the pictures, I can’t stop smiling. Something’s do reflect our moods, knowingly or unknowingly. Do you know of any such things you associate with your mood swings?

3 comments:

Erika said...

What's your desktop background now? Let's see, I'll use my imagination to try and guess...

I think after all that fun time with your in-laws you're probably happy and feeling very bouncy. What's happy and bouncy? That's right! A kangaroo! Is your background a kangaroo?

AnuZi said...

Oh absolutely. For me its the music that I play. I have sad music, happy music, angry music, bitchy music (The I know I did wrong but I don't care kind), Love songs and nostalgic music which either makes me happy or reminisce :o) Great post.

Perception said...

Thank you for sharing :)

To Erika: Well, you are right about the mood, but the picture isn't kangaroo, though when I read your comments I thought of changing it :). It's a dog (this one is Doc kind). Reminds me of Doc, its also included in the slide show above, just looking at the sunshine :)

To AnuZi:Good to know you liked the post. Thanks for stopping by. Keep visting. And yeah,what's the current song you listening to?