Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No other news has been this funny offlate


I started writing this post on a totally different topic while cnn page was opening in another window updating me with some current news. I got distracted and went on to read the news which left me laughing till I guess I started turning red and scared my co-worker. The news is on the front page of CNN about a toddler who fell in a 45 feet well. The 2 year old girl spent 27 hours trapped inside the well. So here is the entire article and what went through my mind:

AGRA, India (CNN) -- A two-year-old girl was rescued Wednesday after spending 27 hours trapped inside a narrow well outside the Indian capital of New Delhi. Don’t we have better news that this one which could have been reported as a front page article. And does Agra need any more popularity then it already has due to Taj.

Two-year-old Vandana was trapped in a well near New Delhi for more than a day.
She fell 45 feet into the uncovered well while playing Tuesday night in a village near Agra, a northern Indian city outside New Delhi. Was she playing with her invisible friend? Was no one around? And which kind of games is played near an uncovered bore well.

The girl was taken by ambulance to a hospital to be checked out, according to District Magistrate Mukesh Kumar Meshram. Checked out? What does that mean?
"The girl is normal, according to the doctors, and there is a possibility (she is) suffering from dehydration," Meshram said. At first I thought the well actually had some water, so this statement got me confused since it says she dehydrated. So I went huh? Geez duh! She survived the fall? She has wings or something?

CNN's partner network CNN-IBN reported Vandana's parents were by her side at the hospital. What else does one expect? She is a miracle child now, who wants to lose out on that kind of popularity.

Her mother was kept away from the well because of rescuers feared she would become emotional and upset the child, but her father was constantly talking to her to keep her conscious, authorities said. The video actually states that her mother was praying. I wonder, didn’t her father’s voice echo in the well. So it would sound like…Stay awake…aaaaaaaaawake…aaaaaaawaaaaake. How did he talk to her? And what does one mean by mother becoming emotional, would she jump in the well as well.

India's army was called in to help, and rescuers dug a parallel well to tunnel into where Vandana was trapped. Now does the Indian army do this kinda stuff too. Who is guarding our borders in that case? And parallel well to rescue the toddler. Whose idea is this whole thing?

Officials said the girl frequently asked for fruits and sweets, which was sent to her with the help of a rope. Woah!! I am sure the girl must be like wow my only chance to get all that I want. So every now and then she would be like, throw candies, throw cake, throw mango. I wonder what I would do if I were in that well. I would be like how about a laptop and a cell phone. Don’t they have wireless connection down here? How about a McDonalds burger this time. No no just get me a burrito. What you guys would rescue me in an hour. Nooooooooooooooo!

Oxygen was also pumped inside the well through tubes to prevent any suffocation, CNN-IBN reported. It was the sixth time a child had fallen into an open pit or uncovered well in India over the past two years. Wow we actually going to make a record in this one.

And if all this hasn’t made you laugh go watch the video, the little girl is swarmed by army guys, do we need to crowd so much. Would the sky fall down if 10 of those people don’t appear in the video? Finally, what a news!!!

2 comments:

Music7 said...

The parallel well is the only way to rescue someone who has fallen into a pit! any other method would fail and kill the person stuck there.

Perception said...

Gange: Unless I thought someone wearing an oxygen mask who climb down the well using a rope and pull her out. There were soldiers there it seems.