Friday, August 1, 2008

Random e-mails

There are days when random things happen at a rapid rate. Today was one such day, don’t I love such days? Somehow they manage to keep me happy. While work was exciting with meetings and such, I managed to listen to some of my favorite songs today. The Ipod managed to play the right songs. I stepped out of office for a meeting, much hoping that there won’t be any sun (you learn to set your expectations in Seattle, you see). But well, not always. Back in India, whenever the sky turned cloudy and wind started to bang our windows, I just had to go get a “butta” from the bhaiya near our home. Today was one such day here, of course with some sun. While all this is part of the usual routine so are the tons of emails which arrive in my inbox through our Indian Group. Usually it's some random about a garage sale, event, shared accommodation etc. Today for some reason it was sort of hilarious. Here are some of the emails, which made me choke due to laughing (slap your self if you don’t find this funny, maybe you are just sleeping)

1. Recently there was a murder-suicide incident in an apartment complex near our office. Some crazy freak guy shot his ex-wife and shot himself in broad day light. So here's the actual piece, someone emails this news article link to the group. Can you guess what would be a reply on this? I am sure no one can. A dude replies with concern- “Where they Indians?”

P.S: Article contained all the details (no one shot was an Indian, while several calls were made to 911)

2. Another hilarious email was by a dude asking for lawyer information. This guy managed to get a speeding ticket for jet skiing. So I guess a traffic police (jet ski police huh?) caught him and gave him a speeding ticket. Now as if this wasn’t funny enough, the dude sends out email to all asking for lawyer information to counter the ticket. In case you find yourself in a similar situation and don’t know what to do, some expert has replied – the jet ski speeding ticket doesn’t affect the driving record. Yeah duh!!!

3. If this hasn’t made you laugh there were tons of other emails, ridiculous in nature. I guess it’s just the Friday mood. A debate over the business week article “Trade talks broke down July 29 as India and China refused to bow to U.S. demands on agricultural subsidies” was one such. Suddenly there were too many people who grew up in poor villages replying. Someone believed that Indians and Chinese can eat every bit of wheat & rice surplus in the western world and can still feel hungry and emailed such. Just this statement made me laugh so much I tell ya. Indians will remain Indians wherever they go. Of course I am proud being one. Like Chetan Bhagat said “There is something cool about saying - I come from the land of a billion sparks.”

4. While the arguments and concerns about the agricultural subsidies were enough to spark patriotism, another mail informed the launch of Tata’s Air Powered Car launch. Impressed am I or what? I want one!!!!!

Now that I am hooked on to the group, find me sharing more stories and such. Funny or not funny, I still shall share.

2 comments:

Perception said...

Anonymous: Thanks for visiting and smiling. Re-reading the blog actually made me think whether its at all funny. Guess someone somewhere smiled.

Music7 said...

:))