Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chitter Chatter and a cup of hot tea

Pst pst… went to Safeway yday and saw the same old lady, so I turned, looked the other way and ran. She was ranting sure, but not about eggs this time.

Did you watch India vs errr umm what was that NZ? Think it was NZ, maybe, who cares right, as long as India is one side playing. No I didn’t watch the match either but then there was hubby glued to the laptop watching it and choiceless glimpses when crowd screamed "India India" resulted in we following the match in bits and parts. Sachin's 150 was the highlight for we. He still rocks. Then the match grew boring, he retired hurt yawns yawns!

Lost was good, Heroes sucked. And yday it snowed, I mean what the hell is going on. Isnt it spring already?

If by now the post hasn’t made you wrinkle your noses and nod in agreement, there is that damm time saving thing. We and hubby stayed up till 2 and then the time just jumped to 3.15 or something like that, we just time travelled ahead. I mean really, what's the reason to screw with time I ask? Just about when our body clock adjusts to the actual one, they go through this day light saving thingi and then eveything changes. Now I cant stop thinking that we'll have 1 hour less to sleep. Ok Ok maybe not but still sob sob!

5 bananas at home are rotting. Why am I telling you this you ask? Coz if we could celebrate holi, I may have found use for them ;).

(Dazing away) the good old times of filling water ballons with oil paint colors or some color which bro said wouldnt go for 3 days and throwing on helpless pedestrians from the building terrance.

Times of red, orange, green colors and trying to get rid of them coz tomorrow was school day.

Waking up early and going to cousins place, knocking on door asking for her to come out, ignoring her Ma's talks of no colors at home and painting sis dears face with bright orange.

Dodging the ballon attacks on way back home, looking angrily at the bulding and searcing for culprits in the windows. Swearing under the breath and yet smiling at self

(Flash!- back to reality) Ahem any recipes for bananas with brown spots all over. If Ma reads this post, she would call and give pravachan for over an hr explaining how ripen bananas are ok and should eat them. Btw spoke to Ma after 1 week yday, some voltage thingi burned the modem down. Now chat with Ma after a week totally deserves a separate post. Will tell y'all if you say pretty please he he or just demand and we shall post "Chronicles of Ma". Btw, she suspects latest Bai may have something to do with the voltage thingi which apparently affected the entire area not just our home. Rolling eyes!!

Btw, have you tried playing the new 3D PRINCE, oh its awesome. Like tv we and hubby are into games, online, 3D, kill them all kinds :)

I know I know, this wasn’t like my usual posts, but well on a Sunday nothing better than just chitter chatter and a cup of hot tea, isnt it?;)

12 comments:

SUMI said...

:)

Neeraja said...

You can actually make awesome banana bread with really ripe bananas!
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001465banana_bread.php

And I'm glad to know you hate this spring time travel too!

SecondSight said...

Banana bread, definitely! I have a great recipe.. want me to paste it in the comments ?:)
(Speaking of which there's also a great recipe for carrot bread, if you're interested.. same principle, beginning with sprouting carrots ;))

SecondSight said...

Sorry, I didnt read past the bananas.. all I could think of was banana bread! So, here's the pretty please for the chronicles of Ma post ;), and yes, I hate the time travel too! One hour less of a weekend is CRIMINAL.

Perception said...

Sumi: U miss holi too?

Neeraja: Why isnt the link working, what am I doing wrong sob sob, thump, screams! ;) Absolutely hate the day light saving, I am grumpy and annoyed, hmph!

SecondSight: Recipes, pls o pls o pls. I am not a very good cook, atleast not with cakes and cookies and bread, stuff that needs patience and persistence. I am good with put all in a pot and stir, bring to boil and woahhhhhh! But I never stop trying, so yep recipes pls.

And yep since you love Ma Chronicles, there will be coming up soon. Btw just hope and pray Ma doesnt read them ;)

Does no one miss holi? Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Banana bread is the BEST when you make it with brown, squishy bananas. I'm glad you saw the crazy egg lady again. Knowing that people like that exist in the world just makes me happy :) As for the snow, SERIOUSLY, ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I can't handle any more snow. It's cold, it gets all melty and gross, and it's cold. No more. I want daffodils, dang it.

Neeraja said...

Oh no idea why the link isn't working! Google it and that's pretty much the first site that comes up :). But I don't follow a particular time tested recipe, so if SecondSight has a better one, you should try that! In general banana bread is just mix and bake, nothing fancy :)

Music7 said...

lol! so many comments :) I know how comments make you happy :)

Banana milkshake! :D with no sugar.
I love holi...just love it, I go crazy, run about on the ground in my filthy attire.
The most memorable holis were when Dad used to fill up balloons for me in a bucket, I used to carry them downstairs only to be the first one to get targetted!
the holi I played when I was in UTD was the BESTTTT! I was drenched in mud, water, colors, eggs,tomato ketchup and what not! Yiikkees :D
I miss Dallas now .. :(

Unknown said...

Yup, banana bread, banana cake and banana smoothies are all yummy (and healthy) with squishy bananas!! hahaha...teehee...after all my trying to get you to wake up earlier, you finally have to with daylight savings (and for the next 8 mths!) ;-)

SUMI said...

Honestly, I didn't know it was Holi. I have been so in my own world lately! :)

SecondSight said...

3-4 mashed bananas
3 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 ml vegetable oil
140 g wholemeal flour
140 g plain flour
2 level tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
75 g sugar
50 g chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly oil a loaf tin. Mix everything together, toss it in and bake for about 30 mins!

Was going to simplify the recipe, but am guessing you want to use up the bananas before I get around to that.. :)

Perception said...

Parsing Nonsense:The 5 bananas are almost dead, squishy with spots all over aweee. But yet with yours and comments from other nice ladies here, I feel there is still some hope for them- will try banana bread.

Dont even get me starting on this snow thing, I am scared of opening the blinds in the mornings, is there any ray of hope?

Neeraja: Yep the link works fine with Google search...ahem I did try Live search too. Btw I truely appreciate your effort for finding it for me :)and love the fact that bread is just mix and bake, anything complex wtih recipes and my brain starts acting retarded.

GGadre: Yep simply love the comments, I cant believe people out there read the stuff I post and it makes me beam with joy yay yay! I want holi man, is there a way that I could encrypt some magical code here, whereby whoever open my blog is splashed with colors. When I ask, will technology match the level I demand?

Nina: I swear this daylight thingi has totally screwed up the whole sleep on time and wake up on time for me. And you know me, I just need a reason to wake up late.

Sumi: Well atleast for you I need to encrypt that code which splashes colors when you open my blog. Holi Hai!!! will be the background music.

SecondSight: U rock! I am going to try this one.