Sunday, March 1, 2009

And why isn't Sunday followed by a Saturday I ask or who cares what the title is?

This week started with well, tired me. Yeah that's right, the usual chirpy self me was feeling extremely tired come Monday and reason being (according to hubby dear) chatting in my sleep which clearly indicated my brain not resting. Of course I completely rejected this notion. Me and talking, huh? Look, I know my sibling wakes up and walks in his sleep and I always had g8 fun teasing him about all this (sorry bro) but me talking, that's utterly impossible. Mostly coz its scary. God alone knows what kind of thoughts dwell in the deeps of my brain and imagine those just involuntarily being exposed. There will be talks of killing those on planet helium, and of planet earth being dominated by animals (I always wondered what would it would be like to be on the other side of the glass), meaning we being those animals caged in zoo and animals being us (like the age of apes or whatever that was). There will be massacre of politicians, thugs and terrorist. There will be cities of fairies, Disney characters and such.

That said I realize I do not have any control on chattering away in my dreams. Do you? If so, does it scare you? Is it coz we all have ghosts stored somewhere in our closets or are you just protecting your spirit (the subconscious mind in its purest form-the "you" only you want to keep for yourself and might not want to share ). Or is it just the fact that we for once are not in complete control?

8 comments:

SecondSight said...

I have a similar problem.. and its definitely the lack of control that bothers me! Especially troublesome if anyone else happens to be around to overhear things that you dont even really mean :)

Btw, Sunday is actually followed by Saturday, just that its five days away.. :)

Music7 said...

heheh! I wish I wish.. Sunday followed by Saurday and then next comes Sunday and lets do that in a while(true) loop! :P

I talk too, Mummy Mummy or shout or say some stupid thing and then wake up! I dream of lions chasing me, me standing at the tip of a cliff - anything random and happens esp: when i have had a stressful week/day. I completely and totally am with you! on this :(

Anonymous said...

I chatter in my sleep like a sociable chipmunk. I never say anything incriminating, but it sure does give Wes some good stories to tell when I wake up. Don't be scared, embrace the unpredictability and the random bits of mental detritus!

Neeraja said...

I don't know if I do chatter, or have chattered in my dreams! Well, Freud would ask you to relax and tell you all about how wonderful our psyche is in helping us confront issues we sweep under our consciousness :)...It is as much control we have, when our body temperature rises to fight a virus. Maybe you should talk more to please your psyche! :)

Perception said...

SecondSight: Do you know how comforting it is to know you aren't the only 'control freak' in this world. Its kinda overwhelming sob sob! :) I hate to think I am actually voicing my thoughts without being able to hear them.

GGadre: Lions chasing huh? Really? That's what happens when you watch too much Madagascar. Next time no animations for you :) Just kidding. There was some saying abt if you fall off a cliff, God gives you wings so you can fly. I know, I know what crap, but next time b4 u sleep think abt it, who knows I may get your hubby to click pics of u flying in ur sleep he he he.

Parsing Nonsense: So what's Doc's take on all this. How does he react to the chatter? I am curious to find that out. I agree with the not being scared part. Did you know in India, mum told me there was this myth of sleeping with a dagger under the pillow if you are scared. Really, I think I should try that, I however fear stabbing someone in sleep :)

Neeraja: Now if I could get a chance to chat with Feud dude, I would totally ask him to deal with my consciousness, I think it will be quite a task, considering the amount of TV i watch and the thoughts that dwell there. But maybe maybe I should talk more if not for anything just annoying hubby dear, wicked isnt it? He he he

SUMI said...

I don't think I have this problem, I think, or I'd be worried too. :-) Either that or I have the problem but my hubby's such a sound sleeper he doesn't notice. :-)

Perception said...

Sumi: O Sumi, lucky you. Also when I meet such ppl- sound sleepers, wicked thoughts like toothpaster moustach come to my mind. Not suggesting nething here he he :)

SUMI said...

haha! shud try that one....