Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Waiting!

Scene 1: Waiting for response

Me asking: Are you waiting to get coffee?
Person responds: Well no, hmmm maybe I should. What do you think? Or wait, maybe high caffeine soft drink. OMG so many choices. I think I should get the orange one, but the blue one looks so good, look look there is a ginger one. Oh damm! I’ll just go for the coffee.

Scene 2: Waiting for parking

Reverse lights of car flickering, looks like I have a parking spot
Reverse light flickering…..flickering……flickering…car in reverse mode now….reverse…reverse..stop….again ahead. (Me:yawns, go away already) Car again in reverse….reverse…reverse (Me: looking in rear view mirror, annoyed face, 2 oh no 3 cars behind. Get out you!) Car stop…ahead…ahead..stop. Person gets out and leaves.
Me expression: Hmph!

Scene 3: Waiting-room in a clinic

Me: looking around, blaberring to self: just need a refill, refill, a refill la la la la. Someone sneezes…loudly (Me: whos it, whos it, such a loud sneeze, ewww no handkerchief,ewwww). Old lady sitting next to me smiles, pregnant women sitting opposite, moving hand on her tummy and seems to be chatting, front desk person gets up. (Me: call me, call me, me me me me). Front desk person sits down without calling anyone. Someone snores( Me: whos it,whos it, whos snoring, last chair, person dozing, yawns) Front desk person gets up and sits again. (Me: mumbling whats with this sit ups, go to the restroom if u want to)Pregnant women looking around panicked (Me: O man, not good, not good, someone help her, is she ok?) Front desk person gets up, looks at pregnant women, sits down. (Me looking at watch: 1 and half hr gone, phewwww)

Me asking front desk: hello, what about my refill?
Front desk person: Oh you just need a refill prescription?
Me: Yeah that’s what I said like an hr earlier and that’s what I wrote on that paper
FDP: Oh sorry about that, I don’t read those, just hand them to the doc
Me: So what abt the refill?
FDP: Hold on, I’ll just get it
Me thinking of some song: boomro boomro sham rang boomro. Man sneezes loudly again, pregnant women panicks. Me: Boomro boomro sham rang boomro
FDP returns with refill prescription

Post coming up: Contrast this with waiting in queues in India :)

8 comments:

Neeraja said...

Haha quite funny! :) It's sooo monotonous and boring to wait in queues here. Looking forward to ur post on Indian queues! :)

Vivek said...

I hate it when 3 or more people vying for a parking spot get nothing as the guy doesn't end up taking it out(Apart from the fact that there would be a JAM you cant quite get out of).
To quote a title track from a popular Green Day album,
"Are We the Waiting?"

Suma Subramaniam said...

Liked the first one on indecisiveness...very cool!

Music7 said...

Just so typical you! :) Esp: the waiting outside the clinic part! hehe. Oh and the parking issue happens with me all the time :P

Unknown said...

Yup, we spend all our lives waiting - gosh even when we go on vacation we are not spared! Wait in line to get cleared at TSA, wait in line to board the plane, wait in line when you get off the plane, wait for your luggage, wait for a cab to get to the hotel and then what?? wait in line to check in, wait in line to watch the shows etc etc...and then the cycle starts all over again!
So now I am WAITING to see what the post on Indian queues will say!!

Perception said...

Neeraja: You seem to catch the pulse of my next post :)

Vivek: Dont even get me started on the parking thing. I mean how can a person just keep driving his/her car back and forth in the same parking spot without achieving anything. Hmph!

SS: Thanks much, ofcourse there are lotsa times when I act indecisive too, but most of the times its around pani puri, bhel puri, chat and such :)

GGadre: Typical eh? Heheh no other entertainment than observing others, and moreover its the source of blogging ideas

Nina:Waiting, dont worry the wait will end soon.

SUMI said...

Ahhh I hate those idiots that don't pull out for ages when you're waiting for a spot!

SecondSight said...

Hehe...As awful as this confession is, that first person sounds like me !:)
And the parking spot incident reminds me of that old commercial in india, where the guys stop and ask the girls changing their tire if they have a flat, and the girls reply- "Oh no, when we get bored we switch the front tires to the back and the rear ones to the front!"