Monday, April 13, 2009

Sometimes weekends simply rock!

They gather around the Windows Mobile, three of them, buzzing like bees and start discussing the movie options, which just for record -no one agrees on even after discussing several options. So here's how it might look like for a stranger- A weekend page from my life:

Az: Hey, look look I found one, this one seems awesome, we should watch this? (then goes about again searching something else on WM)

D: What’s it about?

Ad: What do you mean what's it about? It’s about, like that one actress is like murdered by this person and we don’t know till the end who is it (rambles on about the story line, recites the climax and everything included)

D: Ok, looks like murder mystery, works, we should check out the imdb rating (D aint satisfied by the movie description of Ad, he rather start the movie and fast forward it to watch what its like to ensure its worth watching)

Az: (Everyone again buzzes around WM) Scroll, scroll, ok here here, I found it, rating looks good.Hey but look at this one, its like a romance comedy, what do you guys think? (then goes about again searching something else on WM)

D: No ways! (D apparently can’t focus on romance drama movies and will jump, scream, yell and create complete chaos and trust me you don't want that)

D: Hey how is our match going? Man last match NZ-India totally sucked.

Upon hearing this Az is all on high alert and starts searching the match scores while Az and D buzz around WM.

Fact of life, when men talk of cricket that’s it. Need I say more?

All this while I, G and Am are sitting on couch and watching, waiting for the movie decision to be made.

G: Guys, guys listen up, I can’t stand blood and brain eating type movies, find something else. You don’t want me screaming all through the movie. (Ahem, let me enlighten you all, for any movie this will happen irrespective of which kind)

Me: I am totally cool with it. (Usually blood, killing and such doesn’t get to me, with D around there aren’t any other kinds that we could watch)

Am: Does anyone want tea, coffee,icecream? (Am is the sweetest, like G says Paavaam)

Ad: The laptop speakers kinda suck, but if it works for you guys we could watch 13b? (Like that would stop us)

Am: Yeah yeah 13b is good (As usual she goes on to provide her sincere feedback, and goes on to explain how there aren't really any ugly faced ghosts in the movie)

Me: Its horror, no way, I am not watching horror (Now I am chicken when it comes to horror movies, yeah I know blood and brain eating doesn’t scare me but ghosts do, how lame is that?)

G: Who is the actor? (Most of her movie decisions revolve around songs, music and actor ofcourse!)Az and D scrolling the WM. (Totally ignoring us)

Ad: R. Madhavan!!!

G: Oh wow, R. Madhavan then I can watch that one.

Me: Hmph! This Raghavan na, why does he need to act in horrors?

G: Madhavaaan, madhavaan not Raghavan (This wasnt the only time she corrected me, through out the movie I ended up calling him Raghavan and G correcting me :))

So there we were 3 crazy couples sitting very close to the laptop with almost zero volume, trying to hear dialogues and concentrating to watch the movie. And believe me, I still was scared.

D: What the hell is this movie, so lame, I mean 3 women watching a ghost serial and they can’t figure out till the end of the movie that it’s the ghost serial which runs only in their home, how stupid?

Am: They don’t want to. They just watch the serial no, they don’t analyze it. (Now Am had a soft corner for this movie, dunno why, so all through she was trying to defend it)

D: Well they could atleast get the tv out of the apartment and check if it still works?

Am: But they don’t want to. They want to keep the tv inside the house.

Az: (Btw the argument and such, Az was the one sitting closest to the laptop and would occasionally put one ear to the speaker reciting the dialogues, in a very fast monotonous style)….Errr bhabhi ko phone karo, argue maat karo, phone karo, chalo hume udhar jaana hoga, jo serial mein dekha woh hoga (and such, trust me it was quite funny, to hear these dialogues without any expressions)

Suddenly G burst into a fit of laughter, some joke she figured in her mind and just abruptly started laughing. That was it for us. Everyone roared with laughter for no reason at all. I was very adamant on watching the movie, so after a lot of shhhsssing, folks settled only to find another reason to laugh again. This went on pretty much till late in the night.

Sometimes weekends are just worth it! I mean they obviously always are but well I guess this song puts across my point in a much better way.
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

10 comments:

Music7 said...

This weekend was really fun. All I can say is "We Rock"
:) also, very nice post

Vivek said...

Throw in some great friends and anything can be fun!
:D
(Except when you take out your special someone,then its just problematic)
:D

Parsing Nonsense said...

Oh goodness, the best way to ensure that nothing happens is to assign a committee to do it! This always happens when Wes and I try to figure out which movie to go see in the theatre. If we don't have a plan to start with we spend the whole evening discussing which movie to go see!

Neeraja said...

Madhavan in a horror movie, what a waste! Glad you guys had fun! :)

Perception said...

GGadre: U bet, I wish weekends were longer. Well who doesnt?

Vivek: Absolutely :)

Parsing Nonsense: I tell you, the debate to assign a committee or rather you is on the committee itself will be neverending. We almost spend all our time finalizing movies, restaurants and such. Nonetheless its fun :)

Neeraja: I know I know, its such a shame. The once upon a time Madhavan, dunno where he is lost and why is he wandering the haunted movie streets :)

Anjana R said...

gee thanks. i havent watched it yet. :(

Hari said...

The cricket bit strikes a chord ;)

@Vivek: Looks like you're trying to enunciate something :D

Suma Subramaniam said...

Friendship ...is and will always be! Madhavan has indeed had some great movie performances in his career.

You concluded the ending with a memorable song.

Perception said...

Anjana R: Welcoem welcome! Oops I hope I didnt spoil the movie for you.

Hari: Welcome, welcome. U bet especially with this IPL and 20-20.

Suma: I love the song glad u liked it :)

SecondSight said...

Seems like watching you guys watch the movie would've been a lot more entertaining than the movie itself.. atleast the way you put it ! :)