Thursday, January 24, 2008

I blame the housefly!!

Tissues, cough syrup, ibuprofen, antibiotics, warm water, more warm water these are the things around which my life has been revolving this week. I know you people are not interested in stories of a running nose, but well I am sick and I need to get it out on someone. What better place than a blog?? And why do you think I started blogging, if not for this?

It all started on Sunday. Its like once in a year this kind of cold hits you and you are clueless. You cant stop it, no matter what you do. So there it was, cold right in my face. I was rooted to bed, tugged in a blanket and sedated by pills. That’s when I saw her, zooming around. I thought of smacking her right in her face yesterday, since she was flying very close to the floor.

Then I thought she is too fat, even to carry her own weight. I mean I love pets. I have domesticated lots of animals in my childhood parrots, pigeons, dogs, cats even tortoise. But a housefly is the last thing I would like to have on my pet list. Madam fly has been in my house for 8 days now. 8 goddamm days. I wonder how she managed to break into my house in the first place. I agree she doesn’t misbehave, which means she doesn’t buzz around my ears, doesn’t tease me and doesn’t zoom close to my face. But that doesn’t make her all that friendly and does not motivate me to adopt her. Not when I suspect she is the one who has been spreading the germs around my home.

I find Madam fly swaying meticulously carrying a basket of germs. It feel as if she is spreading them all over my home. I can picture it, the germs are pretty flowers for her and she sways and spread them around. I have politely opened the door and asked her to leave. She sways merrily right up to the door and then as if in an act to insult me zooms right inside the house, I can imagine her laughing at those times. I called her bitch once and the next moment saw her sitting on my bread slice watching her newly painted nails. Seriously people, what does it take to murder a house fly? Guns, hand grenade WHAT!! No matter what plans I devise she escapes them. Swishes through my hands, takes steep turns, flies right from the ground like a rocket to my nose tip and vanishes. Its impossible to locate her hiding. And day by day I find her putting on more weight. Snif Snif!! I blame her for this, this cold.

Madam Fly you better start packing your bags because the day I recover I will find you… and it will not be pretty.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog Siddhika !!

One idea to get the fly out of your house -- is try confusing her by temperature control... :)) -- right now she is so comfortable with the heater inside -- if you turn on the A/C and make temp go below whats outside -- (is it 32 F?), then she will know outside is warmer..

Perception said...

OK Ajay, point noted, you want me to get the temperature below freezing and commit suicide, so that Madam Fly lives peacefully ever after.

Unknown said...

simple trick siddhika --- when u get temp. down inside the house -- u go out of house -- the Madam fly will come running behind u... now assuming the fly is smart -- it senses nice weather outside and stay out...