Friday, August 15, 2008

Sheesh I am in this song wrap.And am so totally singing it. Singing it at work,singing in kitchen, bathroom, while watering plants (no they aint dying just by listening me singing-nope not yet).

I watched Umarao Jaan yesterday. It started with listening to some song on YouTube and then I just had to go watch the entire movie. Saw it over tea and then dinner. Jas was totally hyper (like that’s something new); he doesn’t like sarcastic, sad real life stories. He’s been asking this one question - What pleasure do you get out of watching such movies where 80% (or did he say 90%) of the time some or the other women is crying? I just reasoned,miss the Hindi soaps na(a 1000 year old woman living on. "Ba” was she or is she?) which Ma loves to watch. After watching the movie I had to call Ma and tell her stuff. Especially coz Jas just can’t stand the pauses and drama I add during story telling. Ma on the other hand was totally mesmerized. She hasn’t watched the movie yet and wanted to know whether it was shot before Aishwarya and Abhishek declared marriage or later. Don’t I miss those meaningless Cine Magazines sometimes?

So I told her the story and such:

Umrao Jaan Ada, what now? No its Ada, yes I know that's not the name of the movie but it’s like that no actually, in real. This Umrao no, she sings and dances all too well. Yeah the costumes were good, the makeup also, why you focusing on that? I am telling you the story no. So this Umrao is not Umrao she is actually Ameeran. Not Gareeban, Aaameeeran. Lil girl, but is kidnapped and then taken to Lucknow to Shabana. No, I don’t remember Shabana’s name. So I reaaaaally like the song Ab ke Janam. I like it just like that, nothing to do with you. But you listen no, this Umrao falls in love with Nawab Sultan. Its Nawab Sultan, no I am not wrong, they use both together, its the first name (Nawaab+Sultan).Ok ok, no Amitabh wouldn’t look good, he would look too old in the movie. Good they didn’t choose him. Hellooo, helloooooo.

Gosh! Ma still can’t stand a word against Amitabh. But this time she dint really bang the phone, it’s like someone out there knows and understands her feelings so the line just went dead. I never ended up telling her the entire story. But just chatting with her about this reminded me of good old days, when I returned home from a theatre and recited her entire movie story with dialogues and acting. She was always ready to listen, always with the same level of interest and enthu. Some relations never change, hence Agle Janam Mohe....if you know what I mean.

P.S: Next week, Friends arrive at Seattle = noise, laughter, poker and nonsensical chatter all the time).

No comments: